Winder Engine Driver
-We’re the world’s leading diamond company, powered by thousands of people around the world, with a mission to support local communities protect our natural environment and shape a brighter future.
As an Winder Engine Driver where you will be responsible for the safe and effective operation of the shaft winder regarding the haulage of Ore and materials during a shift.
Our dedication to quality and high performance extends to our workforce, so we seek talented, ambitious people who will thrive in an environment which fosters individuality, inclusivity and creativity. If you like the idea of challenging and stimulating work in a diverse team, we'd like to hear from you.
-Your role will include but not limited to:
- Safe and effective operation of the Winder during a shift, within the framework of the act and identifying electrical and/or mechanical faults
- Operating a winding engine
- Communicating winding engine defects to the appropriate supervisor or manager
- Co-ordinate winding activities with total process requirements.
This role is in the VUP Engineering department at a CL level reporting to the General Engineering Supervisor.
- Grade 12 / N3 / Equivalent NQF Level 4 qualification
- DMR Certificate of Competency as a Winding Engine Driver
- Onsetter Certificate
- 3 years' experience as a Winding Engine Driver in a similar environment.
- Sound knowledge and experience of Safety, Health and Environmental Legislation and standards applicable to field of work
- Please note : Will be expected of all successful candidates to undergo training regarding the winder system at the mine
- Valid EB / Code 8 Drivers License
- Computer literacy – MS Office Suite
- Be prepared to work shifts, do standby duties, callouts, and work overtime
- Ability to work at heights and in confined spaces
- Successfully obtain a Medical Certificate of Fitness to work underground
- The post is dependent on the successful completion of the Company’s pre-employment protocol such as qualifications’ verification, relevant psychometric assessments, and a clear security clearance
-How to Apply
- To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
- Preference will be given to Venetia employees who meet the criteria
- For all internal applicants , you are required to complete an internal application form and attach detailed CV. This form must be accompanied with a signature from your immediate Line Manager and Head of Department , failure to do so will render your application invalid.
Who We Are:
Venetia Mine – South Africa
De Beers Group is a company with a rich history and a sparkling future.
Since 1888 our experts have searched the world for nature’s most precious gem. Our diamonds bring beauty to the world. But we think they can do so much more. We want our diamonds, and our business, to make life brilliant – for our people, our customers, and the world around us.
Venetia Mine is part of De Beers Group Managed Operations Business which integrates mines, operations and support functions in the De Beers Group producer countries of Canada and South Africa to shape a safe, sustainable future for De Beers Group’s people, shareholders, communities and partners.
Safety first is a way of life for us. We are unconditional about the safety, health and well-being of our colleagues, at work and at home, and about that of the communities where we work. We aim to lead the industry by investing in innovation to protect people, who are at the heart of our business. Our high performing teams take accountability for their own and others' actions, work collaboratively, and always show care and respect.
By applying for this job, you provide consent that your personal details, including your fingerprints, can be used to conduct background screening where appropriate. For more information, please visit:
Anglo American/ De Beers Group collects and processes personal data in accordance with the relevant regulations. For more information, please visit:
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
If you do not hear from the Company within 21 days after the application deadline, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 02/08/2021
General Manager - FMCG (Maputo)Forex WorldGENERAL MANAGER – FMCG Our company who is well established in the TOBACCO market is seeking to employ a GENERAL MANAGER. The ideal candidate will have at least 109 hour agoShareJohannesburg, Gauteng
National Sales Manager - MaputoForex WorldNational Sales Manager – Maputo (FMCG) · Fluent in English and - not negotiable · 10 years experience in Sales (FMCG) Management (A - Z) ·9 hour agoShareJohannesburg, Gauteng
Registered Nurse - Three month TempSA Clinics (Pty) LtdR18 000 a monthRegistered Nurse Job specification – Three months Temp This is a three months trial position with the possibility of a position being converted to the permanent if13 hour agoShareRandburg, Gauteng
Assistant DesignerRoom31R6 000 - R8 000 a monthWe require and assistant to help with general administration as well as assist with design projects. Require the candidate to have a driver's licence & own13 hour agoShareSandton, Gauteng
Guide/Host Couple - NW (LR)HotelJobs.co.zaR18 000 - R20 000 a monthJD Specialized Recruitment currently recruiting for a HOST/GUIDE COUPLE for an exclusive 5* Lodge in Madikwe REQUIREMENTS Her: Strong Hosting Skills Strong in PAN and13 hour agoShareNorth West