Front of House Trainee
Our client in the Corporate Conference Venue industry is urgently seeking a Front of House Trainee to join their team in Cape Town. Salary will be discussed, keep in mind that this is an entry level position. You will be required to join the Company Medical Aid Scheme to which the Company contributes 50%.
- Guest liaison – Meet & greet function at front of house and dealing with guest enquiries and problems.
- Assist at reception.
- Assist with stock takes.
- Assist with the operational side of storerooms including, but not limited to rotation, preparation distribution, ordering and receiving of stock.
- Take pride in your work and create a fast, efficient and smooth service.
- Setting up of all dining areas and stations, including but not limited to decorations.
- Ensure that you are organized,
- Perform your duties and maintain your areas and equipment at a very high standard.
- Perform administrative tasks as necessary.
- Assist with waiter and bar duties when required.
- Assist the conference Centre manager in duties as required.
- Set up of Conference rooms as per function sheet.
- Assist with the production of quality desserts, baked goods, pastries, and snacks and foods in need.
- Assist with other sections of the kitchen if and when required.
- Minimise shrinkage, breakages, wastages, etc.
- Assist with budgeting, portion control, wastage, etc.
- Assist with stock and asset control as required.
- Ensure the safety of all equipment.
- Assist with the cleaning of store rooms, fridges, freezers etc.
- Assist in the scullery
- Assist co- workers as necessary.
- Adhere to the duty roster and those tasks assigned by management to you.
- Assist with deliveries and approve the quality / quantities of goods received as required.
- Ensure that correct paper work is done and that computer records and procedures are followed.
- Liaise with Management and provide regular feedback.
- Answering of the Telephones.
- Perform general administration duties.
- Ensure stations are neat and appropriately stocked at all times.
- Ensure that public areas are neat and clean at all times
- Clear rooms as necessary
- Provide top quality and friendly service to all conference center clients at all times.
- Ensure that hygiene standards are maintained at all times
- Ensure that you are clean, neat and well-groomed at all times whilst on duty.
- Refresh / Reset rooms as required
- Ensure that accurate records are maintained as necessary
- Take appropriate measures to ensure care of all Conference Centre equipment particularly when moving items
- Moving of furniture as necessary
- The above list of duties is not exhaustive and you may on occasion be required to perform additional duties, upon reasonable instruction of your immediate superior / manager.
- Client orientated
- Interpersonal sensitivity
- Self-motivation and work independently
- Quality orientation & attention to detail
- Personal integrity
- Quick learner
- Can-do attitude
- Resilient Energetic Tenacious
- Be able to work under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, fluency in reading, writing, and communication in English
- Neat, professional and well groomed
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good time keeping and time management
- Industry related diploma
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, public holidays, evenings, night time and shifts if and when required
- No relevant experience is required
- Ability to work on all stations
- Ability to communicate well in English
- No visible tattoos
- Ideally for a candidate who has finished his/her qualification recently
- BEE position
Head Structured Deal Management and Product OperationsFirstRandAbout us, purpose, experience and qualifications about us RMB is a market leader in Corporate and Investment Banking. Our biggest asset is our people. They come from8 minute agoShareSandton, Gauteng
Web DeveloperTumainiWeb Developer Job Information Location PHP Jobs in Gauteng Salary R420K to R350K Job Type Permanent Education A relevant IT Degree or Diploma Experience 3 -4 hour agoShareGauteng
Chief Executive OfficerCassel & Co.R1 300 000 a yearQualifications: Completed Bcom accounting honours Completed SAICA Articles CA(SA) Experience:CA(SA) is critical and non negotiable Experience in developing profitable5 hour agoSharePretoria, Gauteng
ReceptionistWealth Trading Mobile Pet CarePosted date: Sun , 12 Jul 2020 location: Durban. KZN closing date: 20 November 2020 We are looking for someone to work as Receptionist. Contemporary, relaxed and7 hour agoShareDurban, KwaZulu-Natal
Counter Sale / Reception / AdminCTR Recruit (Pty) LtdR6 500 - R8 000 a monthNational Company based in Cape Town requires a Reception / General Admin / Counter Sales person. To man the switchboard handle every call with great professionalism. To7 hour agoShareCape Town, Western Cape