GSS GRC Manager
Anglo American aspires to become the most valued mining company in the world, and to achieve this ambition we are implementing a radical programme – Beyond Finance – which is currently transforming and improving many of the ways in which our teams work.
We are focused on simplification and standardisation, with the aim of significantly reducing the amount of time our people spend on manually working with data. We want to help our business to meet ambitious targets, so individuals joining us will be equipped with new skills and better tools to provide new insights and further drive business performance.
We're looking for talented people who share our values and who are keen to help us deliver dramatic change. If you have the relevant skills and experience in Governance Risk & Compliance, we'd like to hear from you.
The Purpose of the Group Finance GRC function is to facilitate the transfer of appropriate financial control systems into the business. Group Finance GRC sets standards in relation to governance, risk and regulatory compliance requirements and monitors and improves Anglo American’s compliance with those requirements.
This position is a Business Unit(BU) or Function facing Management role within the Finance GRC Team. You will have a key Business unit or Function as your key stakeholder
- Advising and guiding your operation in application of Group Finance risk management systems
- Establish finance risk calibration systems and drive the measurement of risk for the Shared Services Function against the group’s risk appetite.
- Identifying codes, practices and technology relevant to internal controls within the Shared Services Function.
- Introducing policies, procedures, systems and programs related to Finance internal controls.
- Applying Continuous Improvement principles to improve established policies, procedures, systems and programs.
- Ensure that the function internal control framework and components are effectively implemented, applied and reported on.
- Lead and advise decision makers so they are equipped and committed to understanding and implementing control findings and drive the remediation through continuous engagement
- Support management in the application of the finance risk management frameworks and standards within the Shared Services Function.
- Monitor the implementation of the risk management frameworks and standards by the Shared Services Function
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Auditing/Finance/ Risk, compliance and governance law or equivalent is a minimum requirement
- Registration with a professional body as a Qualified Accountant
- Vast experience at managerial level in the Risk & Compliance environment
- Experience in auditing principles and practices
- Experience operating in a US Listed Sarbanes-Oxley regulated entity would be favourable
- Understanding of Institute of Internal Auditors standards
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are
We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity and showing care and respect for people and the planet. That means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies. As the custodians of coal and other precious natural resources – diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore and nickel – our extraordinary teams work safely and collaboratively, with the utmost consideration for local communities, our customers and the world at large.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
Rewards & Benefits
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Amazing opportunities for learning and growth
- We’re a large, successful multinational company and there are plenty of opportunities to move onward and upwards too.
- Subsidised breakfast & lunch, coffee & office snacks
- Generous pension plans
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of the process
Advert closing date: 10 October 2021
Project ManagerProteger Holdings South AfricaProject Manager With Development Experience. Are you driven by innovation and enterprise software development? A start-up of a beauty social network platform is seeking6 hour agoShareJohannesburg, Gauteng
Marketing ManagerMeasured Ability Group HoldingsMedia / Marketing / Advertising / PR / Publishing; FMCG / Retail / Wholesale / Supply Chain, South Africa - KwaZulu Natal eThekwini Central (Durban / Pinetown /6 hour agoShareDurban, KwaZulu-Natal
Marketing ManagerGreys Recruitment24 Oct '21 Marketing Manager FMCG / Retail / Wholesale / Supply Chain; Media / Marketing / Advertising / PR / Publishing, South Africa - KwaZulu Natal eThekwini6 hour agoShareeThekwini, KwaZulu-Natal
Regional Account Manager (Cape Town based)Trend MicroWhen you join Trend, you become part of a unique and diverse global family and you get to work towards a world safe for exchanging digital information. Your Career as6 hour agoShareSouth Africa
Implementation Support Specialist x 2Data CentrixKey Performance Areas: Functions Accountable for working with the District Hub Team to implement initiatives as directed by the District Hub manager. Initiatives are13 hour agoShareUmtata, Eastern Cape