Head of Procurement
Head of Procurement
Permanent position at UCOOK in Johannesburg
UCOOK is a tech start-up and dinner-kit service, delivering nationally. We are a driven and enthusiastic team looking to disrupt the B2C food supply chain. We are currently experiencing a period of rapid, transformative growth, with new supplier challenges present as we look to scale our operations and offering. We are looking for a seasoned procurement professional to lead us into these exciting new times.
The HEAD OF PROCUREMENT (HOP) is responsible for all major buying activities. The position will initially focus on procurement for the UCOOK dinner-kit product only, but over time will take over responsibility for procurement activities across the UCOOK product range. The HOP manages the Procurement team and reports on its performance. They are responsible for creating and maintaining systems that enable the buying team to foster strong supplier relationships and balance pricing and quality. The HOP is responsible for key supplier negotiations, managing UCOOK’s product margin, and executing and reporting on key performance metrics.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing UCOOK’s core input costs, ingredients and packaging.
- Reporting on departmental performance to the Executive Committee on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Designing and executing negotiation strategies to achieve key metrics and complete projects as listed by the Executive Committee.
- Overseeing and assisting with key supplier relationships for all buying activities across the business.
- Managing and upskilling the existing Procurement team to an exceptional level.
- Working with the Head of Supplier Relations to create and maintain supplier management systems.
- Drafting and signing supplier agreements with all key suppliers.
- Reporting on the monthly performance of all buying activities.
- Working to constantly improve UCOOK’s supply chain efficiency and reduce risk.
- Creating systems that ensure all supplier deliveries arrive on time and in full.
Reports to: CEO
- Achieve COGS targets set out in the business plan
- # of effective systems implemented to improve supplier performance
- Team upskilling programme complete
- Supplier agreements drafted and signed by major and minor suppliers
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years experience in the food industry as a buyer or in the procurement space
- 3 to 5 years experience in managing teams
- Strong administration skills and demonstrated leadership
- Strong numerical skills and attention to detail
- Advanced computer skills with advanced Word and Excel skills/experience
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment while maintaining an individual workload
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to take initiative on tasks and projects
- Eager to work and enthusiastic
- A valid driver’s licence with experience driving
OUR CULTURE AND TEAM
- We are close-knit and encouraging
- We are self-motivated and have an ethos of seeing projects through to completion
- We innovate as we grow
- We welcome teamwork and participation
- We have created a relaxed but professional working environment
- We are respectful of all people and cultures
- We believe in keeping our team happy so that work produced is of the highest quality.
The opportunity to play a key role in one of South Africa’s most exciting startups, with growth and development and support from senior staff.
50% off UCOOK meal boxes.
Accountant ( Currently using Quickbooks)RMMR18 000 - R24 000 a monthThe successful candidate must have a great understanding of Quickbooks & Excel ONLY CANDIDATES THAT ARE CURRENTLY USING QUICKBOOKS WILL BE CONSIDERED!! Role &5 minute agoShareCenturion, Gauteng
Receptionist/Office AdministratorThree Seasons PersonnelR10 000 - R10 500 a monthOur client based in Sandton is looking for a Receptionist to join their company from 1st of October 2020. This is a logistics and freight company. PLEASE ONLY SUBMIT2 hour agoShareJohannesburg, Gauteng
Logistics/Mtls Specialist ILear CorporationSeating Division Europe & South Africa This work instruction details the essential duties, responsibilities and qualifications for the Senior Material Planner3 hour agoShareEast London, Eastern Cape
HR BENEFITS/ADMINISTRATORServest CareersJob Context Servest Landscaping & Turf a Division of Servest has a Vacancy for an HR Benefits/Administrator based at Waterfall Head Office, reporting directly to the3 hour agoShareMidrand, Gauteng
Consultant - Technical Assistance Field ExpertSymbiotics GroupShare this job Description About us Symbiotics is the leading market access platform for impact investing in emerging and frontier markets, offering market research,4 hour agoShareSouth Africa